It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's so hard to say goodbye.....

So I brought up all the countless totes of the kids too small clothes from the basement...almost 9 years of clothing for 4 kids. They have been sitting in the dining room staring at me...oh I hate them...calling me to go through them..organize them...take them 10 different places....but OH how I love them. I am emotionally attached to these clothes that I picked out with love...and put on with love and made memories that I will treasure forever in them. As I go through them...they take me back...right back to happy moments.


Like the first time we took Riggs to the race trace...he loved every second of it.....






or the Mother's Day we had Krispy Kremes at the Smokey Mountain Park......Rollins ans SK both still with passies..they kept dropping them in the dirt and we would have to wash them off...



I will never forget  this Gulf Shores Vacation..it was the first time we raced on the beach. Watching these sweet brothers play on the beach ...so precious.

This was the first time we took SK crabbing on the beach at night and she was not scared..was happy to run and play on her own!
I know I need to get rid of them...I know I do...but I love the memories they bring me. The summer clothes especially because no matter how many times you wash them the smell of baby sunscreen still lingers in them. They are treasures to me, but I am going to have a keep a few for each child. The hard part will be deciding which ones. When I look at the garmet it is not about deciding which pieces to keep..I feel like I am choosing which memories are most important. And the problem is that they are so precious to me...the good, the sad, the messy...all of them. It's hard to say goodbye to anything for me pretty much...even totes full of clothes...wish me luck letting go...I am going to need it...my heart hurts just thinking about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment