It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Sunday, January 9, 2011

listen to the world around you...

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.
-Albert Einstein


I was pretty sure I would never blog about the things I know. Like how the moment I met Mrs. Parrott I could feel the longing in her heart for a baby...and how I knew weeks before she told anyone..... that she was pregnant.  I was pretty sure I would never blog about how the universe tells me things sometimes..if I am listening.  Like how I was home alone last week with Jack and Lila. Lila was asleep on the couch and it had gotten dark...Jack needed to go out to potty. I put his leash on and went outside waiting for him to find the right spot...and then I heard a loud knocking...like someone was wrapping on the window...loud and fast. But no one was home in my house...except for Lila and she was asleep and could not knock that fast or that loudly.  I must have thought I heard a knock.  And then it came again...louder this time. I looked around to my neighbors house...back to my house....nothing. It was nothing.  And then it came again a third time...but louder and with more force...like it was saying pay attention...and so I did ....and I thought I better go in...and when I did I heard Lila screaming...she had woken up in a dark house and thought she was alone. Next time I will listen to the knocks the first time.  I never thought I would share these things but maybe this is something my children should know some day...and now I know it is...they have to know the story of the plants.

When Riggs was born Mamaw came to the hospital and brought me a plant. I do not have a green thumb but somehow I have managed to keep this one plant alive for almost 9 years. Until Papaw died it was the only plant in our house...when we brought home a planter from his funeral. I tried hard to keep this plant alive as it had meaning like the one mamaw brought to the hospital.  These 2 plants became know as Mamaw and Papaw. Papaw lived upstairs in our bedroom for a while but withered and yellowed and something told me to bring him down to the kitchen. In the kitchen, in the window of full sun, he grew and thrived and was huge and beautiful and then one day he just wilted and died...the plant died and I was so sad. I truly felt sadness for the loss of this plant. I threw it away basket and all...feeling like I had somehow let down my entire family for not being able to save papaw. I had a feeling come over me...to just give one dead piece a chance..a little hope for a miracle. I planted this dead, brown, dry piece of Papaw in the planter with Mamaw....and something remarkable happened. With Mamaw by his side, Papaw took root and grew and in time there was a leaf..a green leaf on Papaw..and now there are even two.  And now they happily grow side by side...Mamaw's leaves the darker one..and Papaw's leaves the lighter one....but  both in the shape of a heart.


Just like the life and love Mamaw and Papaw shared...they are made for each other...and happy together they grow and thrive.
So there you have it...I listen intently to the world around me..  I do....and what it tells me...and when I do  good things always happen and in this case beautiful things can bloom. This plant is a gift....it makes me smile every day seeing Mamaw and Papaw together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment