It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, January 29, 2011

still working on the clothes...

I'm still working on going through these clothes. I have made some progress! I have made two trips to good will and have taken clothes over to sweet Davis Gray and precious Henry Howard. It makes the heart happy to send these clothes off to a good home. I hope they get played in, ice cream dripped on them, and that Ashley and Marcia make special memories in them too.

Can't think of anyone else I would like to share my treasurs with...and they get my sentimental heart so that is a bonus! ;)
But moving on I have been going through the totes with some of the smaller clothes in them..more of Lila Ray's things and I just wanted to be sure I took the time to reflect on her things too...because they are just as special but much more tender at this point since she is the baby..the last one.
The first time Lila wore this was at Mamaw's surprise birthday party..it was a little big but she had to match the other three for such a special event! Mamaw held her and I remember standing there and thinking how lucky this baby was to be loved by such a special lady. Lila laid on the floor and all the kids talked to her and she was all smiles!

Now this one...really makes me smile....the first time Lila wore this we were in the Smokey Mountains..it was Lila's first trip there!
After a long day we came back to the cabin for a nice bath and to make smores by the fire. I put her in this sweet cream number and thought she was the sweetest baby in the universe. So precious and delicate..ten minutes later she had a blow out and that was the end of that.
 I had stuck these pajamas in her bag as an extra pair. They were cute..VERY sassy...with leopard and rhinestones...but not really what I would have chosen as my favorite for my baby. But when I put them on her...look out! She was a button! So cute...and they were so her...I swear she knew I had put something sassy on her...she was all smiles! It was in this moment, I think I realized that Lila was Lila..and sassy was more her than delicate. Leopard and rhinestones was more her than cream ruffled velour....and it still is!






No comments:

Post a Comment