It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Our New Old Church

We love Southeast Christian Church...for the most part. We are members there and have dedicated all four of the children there. Coming from a small town I just never loved riding an escelator to my seat....and the nursery was just too big as you hand your baby over a partition....and it's just so big. But...the messages are amazing...and EVERY TIME I go to church I cry....and smile...and I am so touched my the message and that's what matters right? But the kids were never really happy there..just too big...and they didn't know anyone and so when we go we go to Northeast Christian...but we never moved our membership and never really plugged in there.  This Sunday we ventured to the new Southeast Christian Church in Crestwood...our old church with the messages we love in our back yard...in the same parking lot as our pediatrician and our favorite pizza place! When I walked in I was greeted as usual by someone with a friendly smile and a friendly welcome, but this time I knew them...and they knew me and called me by name..they were friends! As I walked to drop the kids off to their rooms...more and more people I knew.... and children the kids knew in each class room.  Making my way to the sanctuary we saw more people give us a wave that we knew...and we sat right by our dear friends the Schaffners. And as the lights dimmed for the message it was Doug Stone right before me with a wonderful message. It was perfect. Finally a church that is 5 minutes away full of friends who know us and a wonderful message. I felt like Goldilocks...it was just right!
all smiles pulling away from church!

No comments:

Post a Comment