It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, January 27, 2011

so big...so little

When the boys got home from school I went through their backpacks as usual..and inside Riggs' take home folder was the information for Kindergarten Registratin for K-Kate. I literally stopped breathing for a few seconds. It can't be time yet...Sk can't leave me..she is my BFF..she helps me so much, I can talk to her about almost anything...and this sweet, precious, smart, amazing child fills my days with such joy. She is just a baby!And in the same breath is so big...more ready than the boys were to go to school.

I looked over at her and she was eating cereal that she had poured herself at the table....so big! She was chatting about away about her nook and some books she wanted to down load...so big.  She used words like prefer and amazing as she talked...so big!
 And as I walked over to kiss her sweet, milky white cheek...because I was feeling sentimental and loving her so much in that moment...I looked down to see her little toes peeking out under her shirt...she was sitting like she did when she was a baby...so little...so,so little. Why can't they stay that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment