It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Long day...happy heart



"Service comes naturally to us when we love and accept ourselves on a deep level.  Our love bubbles up and overflows to those around us. We find our greatest satisfaction and fulfillment in making contributions to the world in ways that are uniquely our own. Service is the practice of wholeness."
-Molly Young Brown

I would be lying if I did not tell you that I pretty much spend my life sleep deprived and exhausted. I get up at 5:30 almost every morning and go nonstop giving myself to my family and the people I love all day long. I give my time, my brain, my spirit and my heart to making this family, and the ones I cherish most, happy. Most days I feel like there is not enough of me to go around. I have never laid my head on the pillow and felt that satisfaction of accomplishing every single thing I wanted to accomplish that day.  At the end of every day I am spent...depleted...empty of energy and low on fuel...but most days I can tell you that although I am empty of some things I am full of others...like love and knowing I tried my best that day to be a good person....a good friend...a good wife....a good mother. I am lucky and blessed to go to bed most nights with a happy heart and tired eyes.

 I get to see these faces every day......and that fills me with such love and such happiness....and refuels me for more giving the next day...and the next...and the next...


 And every day there are small but meaningful victories...like today Sarah Kate mastered the art of flicking ...she can flick now, friends! She was so proud....

And it was a long day like most of them...but I shut my eyes at almost 2 am with a happy heart...and smiling as I thought about my sweet little girl and all the things she might flick in her life...now that she can.

No comments:

Post a Comment