It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

passing by......

How many times have I said it....it's the little things...the small moments...that all come together to make up your life...so take them in...appreciate them for what they are...don't pass them by...but sometimes passing by is a good thing.

 So I am passing by in the hall way...moving from point A to point B...this time from laundry room to my room with a pile of clean clothes that smell so good but I resent them as they make my mountain of clean clothes to put away in my room even bigger. I am thinking I should pull an all nighter and get these clean clothes put away when I pass by the kids' bathroom... and out of the corner of my eye I see something....something special.....and then step back to look again. I see Jeremy and Lila in there...Lila standing on the potty..... all smiles.... as Jeremy  carefully dries her beautiful blond hair. I pause and watch.... and luckily my camera was on the table right outside the door. I have given 98% of the baths  to the our children...applied 99.2% of the lotion.....gotten their pajamas out 100% of the time, but I will admit that unless the next day was picture day or Easter Sunday I rarely blow dry their hair. After completing the bathing process four times every day...that seems to me an optional task. But there Jeremy was drying Lila's hair..... just because and she was soaking this one on one time up with her daddy. She was enjoying this small moment with her whole heart....and look at that smile...a smile he couldn't even see .....but I did...cause I was just passing by.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment