It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Friday, January 28, 2011

Trying new things

 Sarah Kate and Rollins were at Bumpa's and so Riggs, mom, Lila and I went out, by Riggs' choice, for Chinese. Riggs loves rice...especially chicken fried rice, but tonight he tried some new things as well. He is branching out..this one. I love when you can give your child an experience and I have come to realize that all experiences count. Holding a tiny worm in your hand can be just as important as seeing the Statue of Liberty is person. Big and Little...experiences change and mold you...some a little...some a lot...but they all count.











He tried egg drop soup...won ton soup, Chinese fried noodles and sushi tonight. Some of it he liked...some if it he didn't but he tried it..and that is what matters.  Although he didn't realize it he was also trying something else new tonight..one on one time with his baby sister. This dynamic doesn't often happen but tonight it did and I loved watching them together. There were fish in a pond in the restaurant and Riggs took her over to see them. He talked to her about them and showed them to her...and she look up at him with such love...he eyes said....I adore you, Riggs and I know Riggs loved spending time with her tonight too.

No comments:

Post a Comment