It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Supper Conversations

After a long day, when we gather at the table, you just never know what will be the topic of conversation. Tonight was a fun one...I just want to remember. we were sitting there and Sarah Kate asked why McBride was not on her birth day plate. She is after all, Sarah Kate McBride Hardy...truth is...it just wouldn't fit...but this opened up a conversation to baby names. Sarah Kate piped up that when she was a mommy she was going to name her babies Lilly McBride and David...because David is such a nice name. To my surprise Riggs announced without hesitation that his children would be named Hannah Jane Hardy (which is what he begged me to name Lila and I truly did consider it..it is so pretty), Lilly Danielle Hardy, McCoy Jeremy Hardy, and Jack Shawn Hardy. So funny that at 8 he plans on four kids..two boys...two girls..and I love the names...how cool is the name McCoy? where did he get that? Colt McCoy maybe? who knows! Rollins then announced he was going to have twin girls...Hallie and Hannah and one little boy named Ryder (which was the next boy name on my list had we had another boy). They got a piece of paper and wrote them down so they would be remembered forever. It was so funny to hear them talk about something so far away from their lives now...a future so far away...I mean, Rollins is still upset because he has not lost any teeth yet. And one day, I do hope to have all these babies...tons of grandchildren to love and spoil but for now I just want to enjoy the parents of my future grandchildren while they are my babies.I was reflecting on this as I did the dishes after supper and the kids had scattered  back down to the play room. I was lost in thought when Riggs opened the door from the basement and came and wrapped his arms around me and said....I know the person I marry will have names she likes and family names that she might want to use too...the names I picked tonight are just the names I like so they are just ones I will share with her, ok mom?  I hugged him back and told him that was wise and thoughtful. As he bounded back down the stairs to rejoin his basketball game...going back to being a little boy...I stood there in prideful astonishment about how sweet and truly wise that was for him to consider his wife's feelings and opinions about baby names...he is 8...only 8, but has a heart wise beyond his years. Whoever Riggs falls in love with someday....whoever she is...and I know she's out there somewhere.....she is a lucky girl. Sending you love, sweet girl, out there somewhere in the world...I hope you love my Riggs more than life one day...because in his own way...he is already loving you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment