It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow day...take 5 (I think!)

I got the text this morning that school was closed for the day due to the snow storm they were expecting but when we got up the snow was not here yet! So we headed out for breakfast at McDonald's.....the Hardy kids love them some McGriddles! :)   That was a fun way to start the day!
 When we got home Sarah Kate brought me one of her "treasures". She has a special place in her room...I'll never say where!.....that she keep her special treasurers and one of her most prized possessions is this red plastic heart. She thinks it is exquisitely beautiful! She asked if we could use it this year with the Valentine decorations. So that led to decorating for Valentine's day...conversation hearts and all! Sarah Kate's treasure has a very special spot on the mantel on the Valentine house craft she made with Maggie.


 And then in typical Hardy fashion the kids started coming...first Braden and Julia and then Colin...and it was a revolving door of kids all day...in and out...your house...my house...I love it!!!

 The boys made one of their kitchen concoctions which they always call The Awesome Drink....today it was tea, Dr, Pepper and Lemonade...Lila tried it but was not a fan! Yucky Moma!

And then the snow we had been waiting for came...beautiful, wet, heavy snow fell from the sky!

 The night ended with SK having a sleep over with Julia and Lila and I hosting a sleep over for the boys. They played Stratego...BFF vs. BFF! They had a ball! Too bad daddy is in warm San Diego missing all the snow!
 As the night came to an end...I carried up 4 little boys and 1 baby girl to bed. I put Jack in his crate and then took a moment to look out the front door at the snow. I  think snow is the most beautiful when it was perfectly untouched...just a blanket of white...no foot prints...undisturbed. But tonight all the footprints...a reminder of all the comings and goings of people who were here today...was just as beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment