It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

the feel of the dirt

Dirt feels good...sometimes it just feels good to roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty...maybe that's the Country girl in me and then again maybe it's just the way it is......
Today Lila and I planted some bulbs in a pot of soil...she loved it!
 She could not believe it when I handed her a spoon and let her do the honors of digging the holes and dropping the bulbs inside.
 Her hands got dirty but it sure felt good...and I can't wait until she sees the green...that she planted...popping up out of the soil...and then later the beautiful flower. I decided right then and there that I wanted to grow something...and share it with the kids...to let them see somthing come full circle from seed to fruit...to water it...take care of it...weed it...and eat it...and see how good it tastes with the sweetness of the work you put into it....
So the next day I went to Home Depot and rented a tiller and fertilizer and prepared a small plot of soil for a tiny garden...we'll start small and see how it goes! It was so much work removing the grass and making this square, but I am so excited about planting and sharing this with Jeremy and the kids!

Me and my tiller...sk snapped these...she really loved my pink boots...you have to be pinkalicious to garden she said!

No comments:

Post a Comment