It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Story of my life...

So I am getting ready to unload the dish washer...one task...and then Lila wants to "watch" so I put her up on the counter and get her settled...but she looks so cute so I go get my camera.....
and then Jack starts chewing on her shoe....
and before you know it the shoe is off and I am chasing Jack around the house to get the shoe...and Lila is laughing and giggling with every pass as I chase the dog.... and when  I finally get the shoe and I  come back to Lila she has gone pee pee on the counter...and needs a wipe off and new clothes...and then the floor has to be cleaned and the counter sanitized...and then the boys are off the bus...and snacks and homework calls....and then dinner....4 baths....backpacks to get ready for the morning...clothes to lay out...babies to bed.....and then I walked back to the kitchen where the dish washer is still waiting for me to unload it. It's a constant cycle of chaos...but it's my chaos and it is my reality for now....I am starting to really question my decision to go back to school. I want so much to go...to do it...but papers, tests and class projects can't wait for me like the dish washer does. Can I really make time to do this with what I already have on my plate? My mom bought me a GRE prep book 2 Sundays ago and every night I tell myself I am going to open it up and get prepping...and I have managed to read the first 3 pages. What I do know is I am going to try...for now that is all I can do....this is my life...it is crazy and chaotic and I have to believe I can do it...but can I do it all? It's all a cycle..that moves in an unpredictable rhythm....one action leads to another...if Jack had left Lila's shoe on the dish washer may have already been unloaded, but I would have missed Lila's beautiful giggle as I chased him....and I can tell you I would pick unloading the dish washer at 10 pm every night for that one giggle...it was that sweet...so I will take it Jack style...one shoe at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment