It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Friday, March 25, 2011

Sweetness....through and through

I am not going to lie...it has been a long week with Jeremy out of town. I can't exactly tell you why. He is never home anyway with his new job and Iron man training.  I do everything on my own right now...and have been doing so for months and months. Every once in a while he is off from work and working out and is here...but not often and I sure don't count on it...it's just how it is right now. So it's not like I am having to do more with the kids or are missing "me time"...I don't know...I can't put my finger on it. Maybe just knowing he will be here at the end of the day...even if the end of the day is 10 or 11 at night....means more to me than what I have realized. Today I think my patience lessened and my children, who see through me....and love me so, so very much....saw my tear rimmed eyes as I came back in from taking Jack out in the freezing cold to try and poop for the sixth time in a half hour.  Riggs was at a sleep over but Rollins, Sarah Kate and Lila disappeared downstairs to the play room. And I let them go without a word...I knew I could use  five minutes alone if  they would stay down there for that long...and I sat on the couch for a few minutes which is something I never do....and then kept working..cleaning...organizing...laundry...closets....

And then Rollins handed me this note....

 They had gone down stairs and picked up the playroom which truly had been a mess. They were so proud to do something for me...and to make me smile. I can't tell you how good it feels to have such thoughtful, kind children..who can do without asking...and want to help and bring happiness to the people they love. I am so proud of them...and the beautiful hearts I see growing in them everyday.

 Upon further investigation...as I opened up every toy box and tote...they looked like this one...a random assortment of unorganized items.... toys...some trash...and a few dirty socks...

So I had to sneak and re clean and organize the whole thing...but they are only 2, 5 and 6 and their hearts were in the right place...even though the toys were not..... sweetness...through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment