It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Goodbye hugs

It was beautiful this morning...a little cool but the sun was shining and promising a warm day later. The kids played outside as I got last minute things together before we headed off to soccer. They were carefree and clueless to the heavy hearts that watched them from the kitchen windows. Jeremy and I both knew when we headed off to soccer and said our goodbyes it would be the cover goodbye...the we are headed to soccer see you later goodbye...knowing later would be knocking on two weeks. I am not good at goodbyes. I never have been and I knew I had to drive...safely...to soccer so this was how the goodbye would have to be. I called them in from the yard to say goodbye to daddy and get loaded in the truck.....and we did the best we could....but it was hard....it hurt....
 Jeremy couldn't make eye contact with me nor I with him...and that included looking at the camera....


 I don't think I looked at him at all except through the camera lens....I gave him a quick hug and told him I would talk to him later. I loaded them up...backed out of the drive way...put on Pink's Perfect and turned it up really loud...and the kids and I sang and the whole way to soccer. I had tears in my eyes...behind my sunglasses...but I kept it together...pretending daddy would be waiting for us when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment