It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, March 21, 2011

Saying goodbye to Sammy.....



Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
~Roger Caras




I am crying as I write this...and to be honest I am so surprised at myself....I don't necessarily consider myself a "dog person".....but Sammy was a good dog...but more importantly she meant the world to a family that means the world to me...to all of us. The Timmerings had to say goodbye to Sam today...and they are hurting..so we all are hurting....we have that kind of connection.I know that Sam was Jenna's dog first and Sam was with Jenna through so much...good and bad...happy and sad.  I know that she was a kind dog who loved to eat...and never met a treat she didn't want...or a person she didn't love.  I know Jack was lucky to have met her.....and be her friend.


 I know The Timmerings will miss her so much...and that Julia will take it the hardest...her heart, like Lila's is more tender than most when it comes to animals....
 And although Sam was not our dog...Lila deeply loved her...and is the reason we have Jack and welcomed a dog into our lives and into out hearts.....
 When the Timmerings stopped by on Sunday to let us say goodbye to Sammy...it was as if Lila knew something...she noticed Sammy's boo boo and touched it tenderly....
 She kissed her more....
 And lifted up Sammy's soft, black ear and whispered softly...I love you, Sammy
 Sam will be missed....but while she was here she was loved so very much and had such a happy life...
Have fun in Heaven Sammy! We love you and will carry you in our hearts forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment