It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, March 17, 2011

when life is rough...add hot pink and as Lila says....a little hello titty

Remember the story of my life post...about how I can never get anything done...it's an unpredictable rhythm of no one know what will happen next...but I guess the point is I have learned to go with this...and sometimes even enjoy it...today was one such day. After school I came home and made sandwiches for the girls...on soft white bread...heart shaped..I was doing good. After 2 bites Lila got the bread stuck in a glob in the roof of her mouth...and before I knew it she gagged....and threw up..on the table...chairs....and all over her..including her hair..awesome! She was hysterical..as I cleaned up as best I could...we have a dog now so you can't just walk away and come back to it...after a quick clean up and knowing I would have to do a better job later I picked up Lila..she was a mess...covered in puke and sobbing. On the way up the stairs I whispered it would all be OK...after a nice bath and clean clothes she would be all better...between sobs she got out...and pink sang nails and hello titty movie...Lila calls finger nails sang nails and well, you know the Hello Kitty thing.So pink sang nails and hello titty were added to the list of making it all better...why not?!
After a nice bath...we painted....
and blew little piggies dry....
and marveled at how pretty they were....


and I looked down at my own...sad toes...polish half on...desperate for some love and some polish their own....but they would have to wait...
 
Hello Titty was waiting to be put on the TV..and throw up was waiting to be cleaned up....the story of my life....the story I love. I wouldn't want anyone else to make it all better but me....

No comments:

Post a Comment